My Christian Blog

What music am I listening to - what books have I read - how is my faith level ..

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Frank Peretti

I can't drag myself away from reading Frank Peretti's "This Present Darkness". I read another of his books "The Visitation" a couple of years ago, and thought it was quite a gripping read. Then I happened to see a copy of "This Present Darkness" lying around when I was "between books" so I decided to give it a go.

Wow! It's as "can't put me down" as any Harry Potter book! The story is one of big corporation guys infiltrating a town and gradually taking over the whole place - police, judges, retailers, colleges, churches even. The thing is, these guys are demon-possessed and the takeover marks the start of an epic battle between the Angels, backed by prayer warriors from one small church, and the demons themselves. It's well written, with plenty of twists and turns, and builds to a fantastic climax.

If you haven't read any Peretti, why not give him a try? Millions of people worldwide already have!

This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti

The Visitation by Frank Peretti

2 Comments:

  • At 1:11 am, Blogger Sugar said…

    I love books like that where you just simply cannot put it down. Sometimes I can even get into the bible like that, but I try not to read the Word as if it were a fiction book. The bible can be so fascinating reading that one wishes he/she were present while events were happening, doesn't it?

     
  • At 10:51 am, Blogger Andy Rigby said…

    Yeh, it must have been an awesome time when some of those things were going down in the Bible. I have been watching some of the DVDs from the Time Life Bible series and on some of them (Esther was a particular favourite), you feel like you are really there, experiencing the events that would change the world forever.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home